• The Student Information Services office is a central repository for records on current and past enrolled students and is located at the Kneale Administration Building located at 123 S. Wbb Road. This office is instrumental in the maintenance of current electronic and paper student records, the releasing of both current and past student records, and the archiving of records in accordance with Nebraska State Law.

    Requests for educational records, Age Name Verifications, Address Verifications, Enrollment verifications, and Work Permits should be directed to the Student Information Services office. For a more detailed description of information needed for requests, see below.

    Request for Student Records

    Educational records of current and former students are available with a written request. The request must be signed by the student (age 18 and over) or the parent/legal guardian (under age 18) of the student. Written requests may be faxed, mailed, or e-mailed (requests must be scanned and attached to e-mail because a signature is required). All requests must be accompanied by a copy of the requester's valid (not expired) picture identification. Mail to:

    Student Information Services
    GIPS - Kneale Administration Building
    123 S. Webb Road - PO Box 4904
    Grand Island, NE 68802

    Work Permits

    Work permits are provided by GIPS for any 14 or 15 year old students living within GIPS boundaries who have been offered employment. Before applying for a work permit the student must be at least 14 years old and have a promise of a job. The work permit is required to have the name of the employer and it will only be acceptable at that place of employment.

    Work permits may be obtained by the student at the Kneale Administration Building, Associate Superintendent’s office. The student must be present to obtain the work permit. The state requires the signature of the student on work permits. Additionally, when applying for the work permit, proof of age is needed. For GIPS students that proof is available in GIPS student records. If, however, the applicant is homeschooled or attends a private school, they must bring their original birth certificate with raised seal or a valid Nebraska ID.

    A copy of all work permits is sent to the Nebraska Department of Labor by Student Information Services.