If you are interested in joining a school system that actively helps you pursue your passion as an educator, we encourage you to consider Grand Island Public Schools in Grand Island, Nebraska!
We are committed to providing all children with the very best PreK-12 public education. Our commitment to excellence is summed up in our motto: "Every Student, Every Day, a Success."
We believe qualified, dedicated educators are the key to this success. As you'll discover by exploring this website, we offer an array of opportunities to help you reach your greatest potential. Plus, you'll find that Grand Island is a wonderful place to live and raise a family!
As a teacher in the Grand Island Public Schools system, you will be given many opportunities to achieve professional and personal success. We believe educators should be life-long learners. To that end, GIPS offers many programs to help you futher your credentials.
New teachers are offered:
- Mentor Teacher Program
- Instructional coaches
- District wide staff development
- Guidance and support in refining instructional practice
- Leadership development
- State and national conferences
- New and highly maintained facilities/classrooms
- Access to technology, including Helpdesk support
- Professional Development, tailored to meet your assignment
A message from GIPS Superintendent, Dr. Tawana Grover:
“I want you to join our team. Together we can make a powerful difference in the lives of our kids. At GIPS we empower our staff to impact our students. We believe an excellent educator supported by strong leadership in a positive learning environment is how we ensure our students will thrive. Please join us!”
- Strong teacher support
- Mentor/mentee program
- Professional Learning Communities
- Job-embedded professional development
- Instructional coaches
- Leadership opportunities
- Access to graduate level degree programs in Grand Island through College Park, Doane University, and UNL.
- SO MUCH MORE!
If your goal is to meet your full potential as an educator, Grand Island Public Schools offers the opportunities you need:
With our competitive pay, modern classrooms, and a supportive attitude, the Grand Island Public Schools provides an excellent environment to help you develop your career in education.
Teacher-friendly Learning Environments
- Spacious classrooms designed with 1,000 square feet of space and year-round air conditioning
- Elementary classrooms with an average student to teacher ratio of 20:1
- Secondary classrooms with an average student to teacher ratio of 20-25:1
Competitive Compensation Programs
- $3,000 Retention Bonus paid upon completion of three-year probationary period
- Credit for professional training beyond a bachelor's degree.
- Credit for experience.
The Grand Island Public Schools offers a competitive benefits package. The following are a few of the highlights:
- Our IRS Flex Plan gives you the opportunity to set aside tax-free dollars to pay for any out-of-pocket medical expenses and babysitting expenses.
- The district pays 100% of an Employee Blue Cross and Blue Shield health and dental insurance plan.
- Spouse and dependent coverage is also available.
- District employees who work 20 or more hours per week automatically participate in the Public Retirement System of the State of Nebraska.
- Vision and Life Insurance is available at low group rates.
Contact us to explore our full benefit offerings!