Students have a number of opportunities to learn and cultivate talents, be creative and to take part in arts activities. The GISH Center for Performing & Creative Arts includes instrumental and vocal music, performing arts, visual arts and more.
There is an opportunity for all students to be involved in the arts and develop their talents.
Opportunities include marching band in the fall, three different concert bands in the spring, two jazz bands, two orchestras and a show band for each of the three show choirs.
- Band John Jacobs firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orchestra Bobby Jacobs email@example.com
- Show Band Tiffany Gapp firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mariachi Band Bobby Jacobs email@example.com
- Flag Corps Janessa Slattery firstname.lastname@example.org & Tiffany Gapp email@example.com
- Guitar Club Bobby Jacobs firstname.lastname@example.org
Vocal music opportunities include three show choirs and four concert choirs, plus Madrigals.
- Vocal music Jesse LaBrie email@example.com
- Show Choir website
The theater department has multiple opportunities for students to work on stage and off. With two theaters always in action, there are many chances to display student talents. An annual musical typically includes 130 students. In December, the department has an annual production of "A Christmas Carol." In the spring semester there are multiple student directed one-act plays.
- Drama Gary Alexander firstname.lastname@example.org & Christine Kier email@example.com
- Musical Production Gary Alexander firstname.lastname@example.org & Christine Kier email@example.com; Sammantha Hanks; Jesse LaBrie
GISH has an outstanding visual art department, allowing students the chance to explore both 2D and 3D opportunities. In house Gallery 9 puts student work on display year-round. Students in the department have earned GISH a local, state and national reputation for producing excellent work.
- Art Club Micki Nuss firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speech/Forensics Loria Lei Thunker email@example.com