In 1911, a two room frame building was erected at Beal and Eighth Street, on property costing $1,000. It was named Lincoln School after the 16th President, Abraham Lincoln.
The School replaced the Evans School, which was moved from the old Dodge site in 1884. Evans School was located in the 1300 block of Tenth Street.
The two room building was built by Henry Falldorf and was completed in 90 days at a cost of $4,578.95.
A two room addition was completed in 1913 and again in 1919.
The second floor was added in 1920 and an auditorium with two classrooms completed the building in 1931.
Mrs. Mae T. Clark served as principal from 1922 until her retirement was announced on March 2, 1964. This retirement marked the conclusion of service and good works unmatched in tenure for an administrator in one school for the district.
During those years, a "Mother's Club" was formed, later to become an organized P.T.A.
A new building was needed to meet the needs of the district. Through the support of the citizens of Grand Island, Lincoln was able to dedicate the new building in 1998.
Principal Brad Wentzlaff opened the building for students the fall of 1998 and remained principal until his retirement in 2015. Maureen Oman became principal, then retired in 2022. Breanna McDonald became principal to start the 2022-2023 school year.
Our school colors are blue and yellow and our mascot is the lynx.