In the News
February 21, 2014 Jefferson Elementary Students Entertain at Park Place -- http://www.theindependent.com/news/local/jefferson-elementary-students-entertain-at-park-place/youtumore...
February 21, 2014 Kids, parents chip in when books damaged at Seedling Mile -- http://www.theindependent.com/news/local/kids-parents-chip-in-when-books-damaged-at-seedling-mile/armore...
February 21, 2014 School district looking at 6 to 8 years of building projects -- http://www.theindependent.com/news/local/school-district-looking-at-to-years-of-building-projects/armore...
Middle school schedule, course changes
Information on the middle school schedule and course changes, including the change from a semester schedule to a trimester schedule is available here. This information includes the background and process that led to this change.
A few tidbits:
- There is no decrease to teaching time for the core content areas.
- Five-person teaching teams allow for smaller class sizes.
- The district is hiring an art teacher, two music teachers and two content teachers.
- Changes to state standards are met with the course changes involved.
GIPS NCLB information
Click here for Grand Island Public Schools No Child Left Behind information.
NDE: State of Schools report
Click here to see the Nebraska Department of Education State of Schools Report from Grand Island Public Schools.
Follow GIPS on Facebook and Twitter
You can now follow GIPS and a growing number of our schools on Facebook and Twitter.
- GIPS District: Facebook | Twitter
- Dodge: Facebook | Twitter
- Gates: Facebook | Twitter
- Howard: Facebook | Twitter
- Jefferson: Facebook | Twitter
- Knickrehm: Facebook | Twitter
- Lincoln: Facebook | Twitter
- Newell: Facebook | Twitter
- Seedling Mile: Facebook | Twitter
- Shoemaker: Facebook | Twitter
- Starr: Facebook | Twitter
- Stolley Park: Facebook | Twitter
- West Lawn: Facebook | Twitter
- Barr Middle School: Facebook | Twitter
- Walnut Middle School: Facebook | Twitter
- Westridge Middle School: Facebook | Twitter
- Grand Island Senior High: Facebook | Twitter
- GISH Fine Arts: Twitter
- GISH Theater: Facebook
- Grand Island Education Foundation: Facebook | Twitter
Summary of Benefits and Coverage
Click here for a summary of benefits and coverage for $1650.
Click here for a summary of benefits and coverage for $750.
Grand Island Public Schools is working to make our schools a healthier place for students to learn and staff to work!
Our School District is a member of one of the country’s most extensive childhood wellness and obesity prevention programs, the Alliance for a Healthier Generation’s Healthy Schools Program. More than 9,000 schools across the country are utilizing the Healthy Schools Program’s free tools and resources to make significant changes in the areas of healthy eating, physical activity and staff wellness to help create a healthier generation. Learn more about how you can participate in the program: http://www.healthiergeneration.org/video
Check out our links to see what is happening in our buildings!
AFHG Beverage Guidelines K-12
AFHG Competitive Foods Guidelines K-12
Alternative to Food as Classroom Reward
Guidelines for Healthy School Environments
Healthy Learning Environment
Healthy School Celebration Handout
Healthy School Snacks and Parties
Traditional School Calendar
|March 7||PK-5 No School|
|March 10-14||PK-12 No School
|March 17||Board Meeting 6:30 PM|
Continuous School Calendar
Howard, Jefferson, Starr and West Lawn Elementary
|March 3-7||Spring Intersession|
|March 10-14||No School
|March 17||Board Meeting - 6:30 PM|
- Kneale Administration Building
- 123 South Webb Road, Box 4904
- Grand Island, NE 68802-4904
- Phone: 308 385-5900
- Fax: 308 385-5949
- For further information email Web Master.