Influenza & COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic
Monday, September 26, 2022
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Barr Middle School, 602 W. Stolley Park Road
- Walnut Middle School, 1600 N. Custer Ave.
- Westridge Middle School, 4111 W. 13th St.
The Central District Health Department (CDHD) will be offering an Influenza and COVID-19 vaccine clinic at Barr, Westridge and Walnut Middle Schools. Children 6 months and older are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Flu shots and COVID-19 booster shots will also be available. This opportunity is open to GIPS staff as well.
Those receiving their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine or a booster should bring their vaccine card. First doses of the vaccine will also be available.
Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Parents who would like their child to receive the COVID-19 vaccine need to fill out the provided vaccine form. Forms will be available onsite. No appointment is needed.
- Barr participants should enter through Door 1 and head to the cafeteria.
- Westridge participants will be in the cafeteria, and should enter through Door 1 (main entrance).
- Walnut participants will be in the cafeteria, and should enter through Door 1 (main entrance).
The CDHD recommends that eligible students opt to receive the vaccine. However, it is not mandated in order to continue attending school. We wish to do our part in helping to make the vaccine readily available for those who want it, by providing the space for the clinic.
As your family considers this opportunity, there are helpful public resources HERE and HERE provided by the CDHD. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also has provided a public resource on COVID boosters HERE.
For additional medical questions, please reach out to your family doctor or pediatrician.
If you have questions regarding event details, please contact the district via Let's Talk.
- Grand Island Public Schools