Your Legacy.
Their Opportunity.

Enhancing opportunities by seeking and securing resources for projects, scholarships and programs.

Access digital copies of our district flyers.

Improving school-to-home communication by distribute school flyers directly to families digitally.


Engleman Elementary School, formerly known as District #30, has a long and proud history. It was named after E. B. Engleman who served as a school board member from 1892-1907.

 

Important dates in Engleman's history are listed below.

 

  • April, 1874 -School opened with a class of nine students.
  • 1923-24 - Addition built because of increase in enrollment.
  • 1959-60 - First telephone installed.
  • November, 1959 - Bond election held to construct new 3,507 sq. ft. building.
  • 1960 - New building opened for classes.
  • 1962 - Additional two classrooms built.
  • 1966-67 - Addition of 15,181 sq. ft. for eight classrooms and office suite was built.
  • 1974 - Engleman (District 30) a K-8 school, began to change because of increased enrollment. Westridge Middle School was built to eventually educate fifth through eighth grade students.
  • 1978 - Another addition added four classrooms, gymnasium and kitchen.
  • 1978 - Accreditation process completed.
  • 1985 - Engleman became part of the Grand Island Public Schools as a result of annexation of the area by the city.

Former District #30 Superintendents include Lester Urbach, Charles Hastings, and Gary Myers.

Former Principals include Robert Cool, Charles Hastings, Richard Daly, Brad Wentzlaff, Betty Nelson, Karl Hughes and Connie Allen.

Media Inquiries
Jack Sheard, Marketing & Communications
308-385-5900 Ext. 1127
Your Legacy.
Their Opportunity.

Enhancing opportunities by seeking and securing resources for projects, scholarships and programs.

Access digital copies of our district flyers.

Improving school-to-home communication by distribute school flyers directly to families digitally.


Engleman Elementary School, formerly known as District #30, has a long and proud history. It was named after E. B. Engleman who served as a school board member from 1892-1907.

 

Important dates in Engleman's history are listed below.

 

  • April, 1874 -School opened with a class of nine students.
  • 1923-24 - Addition built because of increase in enrollment.
  • 1959-60 - First telephone installed.
  • November, 1959 - Bond election held to construct new 3,507 sq. ft. building.
  • 1960 - New building opened for classes.
  • 1962 - Additional two classrooms built.
  • 1966-67 - Addition of 15,181 sq. ft. for eight classrooms and office suite was built.
  • 1974 - Engleman (District 30) a K-8 school, began to change because of increased enrollment. Westridge Middle School was built to eventually educate fifth through eighth grade students.
  • 1978 - Another addition added four classrooms, gymnasium and kitchen.
  • 1978 - Accreditation process completed.
  • 1985 - Engleman became part of the Grand Island Public Schools as a result of annexation of the area by the city.

Former District #30 Superintendents include Lester Urbach, Charles Hastings, and Gary Myers.

Former Principals include Robert Cool, Charles Hastings, Richard Daly, Brad Wentzlaff, Betty Nelson, Karl Hughes and Connie Allen.

Media Inquiries
Jack Sheard, Marketing & Communications
308-385-5900 Ext. 1127
CLOSE