School Improvement Plan
All members of the West Lawn Elementary School community will engage in building relationships in order to create a positive learning environment as measured annually by school perception data.
1. Mustang Pride motto is posted and announced on a daily basis
2. Utilize Mustang Pride Tickets
3. Implement the Reading Starts at Home programThe Mustang Pride Pledge: I am proud of my work. I am proud of my choices. I am proud of my kindness toward others. I am Mustang Proud.
By May of 2020, 75% of West Lawn students will be reading at or above grade level as measured by Lexile proficiency bands and District/State formative assessments as supported by research and best practice.
1. Build background knowledge by utilizing key vocabulary for all students with use of anchor charts.
2. Differentiate instruction for all students through leveled groupings.
3. Build comprehension strategies that include summarization techniques.
By May of 2020, 75% West Lawn Elementary students will be at or above grade level at solving authentic problems as measured by District/State formative assessments as supported by research and best practice.
1. Develop key vocabulary to build background knowledge for all students.
2. Differentiate instruction for all students through small groupings.
3. Build problem solving strategies.