Dr. Grover presents a new contest for GIPS students, preschool through grade 12:
The GIPS Superintendent's 2016 Holiday Card Contest
Design the front of the Superintendent’s holiday card, filling the 8.5 inch by 5.5 inch space on the attached form, representing the theme: Peace, Love, Joy: Better Together. Three winners will be chosen from all of GIPS students who enter. Winners will receive a $50 gift card and one will have their design on GIPS holiday cards.
Deadline: Friday, Dec. 2, 3:30 p.m.
Submit entries to:
GIPS Marketing & Communications Office
Kneale Administration Building, 123 S. Webb Rd
PO Box 4904, Grand Island, NE 68802-4904
Any GIPS principal’s office
Email digital entries to email@example.com
1. Submissions do not have to be made on this form, but this form must accompany submitted artwork. More forms are available to download at www.gips.org.
2. Current Grand Island Public Schools students, preschool through grade 12 only are eligible.
3. Submitted entry must be 8.5 inches wide by 5.5 inches tall, ORIGINAL two-dimensional artwork. Any style of two-dimensional art - drawling, painting, crayons, ink, digital, etc. - is acceptable. By entering, student and parents/guardians agree submitted work is original and does not infringe on the proprietary rights of any other party.
4. Digitally produced entries are allowed, but must contain no copyrighted material and must be original to submitting student. Digital submissions should be 200 dpi resolution at the same size listed above and must be either a JPEG or PDF. Emailed digital submission must include student’s name, grade and school in the body of the email.
5. All winners will have their name and school printed on the back of the finished card to be sent out. One card will be considered the official GIPS Superintendent’s Holiday Card. Winners will be chosen by Kneale Administration Building staff. Winning artwork will become property of GIPS.
6. Deadline for entries to received by GIPS Marketing & Communications Office is Friday, Dec. 2 at 3:30 p.m. Winners will be notified Tuesday, Dec. 6 and will be invited to be recognized by the GIPS Board of Education at their scheduled meeting, Thursday, Dec. 8, at 6:30 p.m. at the Kneale Administration Building Boardroom.