Band Student Accounts
Band Student Account Policy
depositing and withdrawing money, accumulated mainly through fundraising activities, for qualifying
band and instrument-related expenses for the Grand Island Sr. High Band Department.
1. Student profits from fundraising efforts are deposited into the account.
2. Students may deposit personal funds into their account at any time.
3. Donations made to the student in lieu of fundraising sales are deposited into that student’s account.
4. Deposits are to be clearly labeled and given to the band director or student account manager for
accurate record keeping. (Keeping your own fundraising record would also be helpful.)
5. Withdrawals are made with written authorization ONLY! Funds are never used or transferred
without written authorization from the student or the student’s parent. Funds may be withdrawn by
completing the Request for Use of Band Student Account Funds form.
6. Graduating seniors and other students who are no longer in band may transfer funds only to a sibling
who is a member of band or will be a member the following year. Requests to transfer funds must be
7. Senior requests must be submitted in writing by May 31 of their graduating year. Funds remaining
in the account after that date will be transferred to the band booster general account.
8. Funds remaining in a former band student’s account 60 days after the end of their band membership
will be transferred to the band booster general account. This includes students who choose not to
enroll in consecutive semesters of band.
9. Requests for use of student account funds on items already purchased must be accompanied by a
receipt of purchase. The receipt or a copy of the receipt will be kept by the student account
10. Funds in the student’s account must be used prior to requesting assistance from the school
district for payment of band required fees. Example – waiver of fees.
11. Student account funds may be used for the following:
• Band trips for yourself and your parent, if the parent is serving as a sponsor
• Registration fees for honor bands, clinics, music camps
• Band fees, including uniform cleaning, shoes, gloves, hats (when requested), band polo
shirts, any required or band sponsored clothing, including show shirts, etc.
• Instrument purchases or rental fees
• Instrument repair and maintenance, including parts, reeds, mutes, lyres, music for your
band instrument, etc.
• Private lessons
• Seniors may use up to $25.00 from their Student Account funds towards the purchase of
the Senior gift for the band director. Requests must be made in writing.
• Other expenses approved by the director
12. Student funds may NOT be used for:
• Band trip costs for family members other than a sponsor
• Band trip souvenirs and snacks
• Registration fees for vocal or orchestra honors, clinics, and camps
• Apparel other than official GISH band apparel.
• Band buttons
• Non-band related items
• Music and instrument related expenses for other instruments not performed in a GISH
Band Department ensemble
• When in doubt, ask the director!
13. Fundraising activities done in the community, especially those for a specific purpose, i.e. a band trip
are expected by the public to be used for those specific expenses. For this reason, requests for
unnecessary expenses or cash back will not be granted.
- Grand Island Senior High School
- 2124 North Lafayette
- Grand Island, NE 68803
- Phone: 308.385.5950
- Fax: 308.385.5966
- For further information email Web Master.