The Grand Island Public Schools, located in Hall County, is a comprehensive school system offering education to students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. Students identified with special needs are served through a three-county comprehensive special education cooperative, Central Nebraska Special Services Program (CNSSP).
The district includes a preschool, fourteen elementary schools, three middle schools, an alternative middle school, one senior high school, an alternative high school and a career academy campus. Combined, these buildings house over 9,000 students.
Quality education begins with a quality staff. The District is proud of the energy, creativity, commitment, caring, and high standards for professionalism displayed by its staff. The district employs approximately 1,500 staff members. Hiring procedures and annual evaluations maintain quality standards for personnel selection and continuing employment.
Grand Island Public School: #WeAreGIPS
- GIPS has a quality, caring staff.
- GIPS provides an enriched, valuable education.
- GIPS students have opportunities for opportunity: Career and college ready.
- GIPS students are connected with their school.
- Safety for staff and students is our top priority.