Dodge Elementary School, Grand Island,
Cheyenne Interesting Facts
- The Cheyenne only lived in tepees because they
were nomads (they traveled a lot).
- The Cheyenne were moved across the Mississippi
River by the Sioux Tribe, Assisiboine, and the Cree.
- The Cheyenne moved into the plains in the mid
1700's and in the 1830's became friends with the
- The men of the Cheyenne built houses for
special ceremonies that helped the animals grow and the plants,
- The language that they spoke was called
- The Cheyenne and the Sioux teamed up and
fought against George A. Custer in the battle of Little
- After they won the battle of Little Bighorn,
the Cheyenne and the Arapaho were joined and put on a reservation